Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grumps Here

I thought it about time the only male in the house had a few words. Being the healthy and fit adult in the household over the past week I haven't had time to indulge in the frivolities of blogging but as Janice is somewhat recovered I'll use what spare time I now have to appraise you of the real situation here.

All three girls have been very nice people to live with, almost all at the same time, together and at once. Janice has done amazingly well with a pretty fearful cold and Aimee and Jessica have been angels. This is how I remember parenthood - all happiness, smiles and sunny days..... Isn't that right girls?

We really are having a ball. At 4:50 pm yesterday I took A & J up to the gate to watch the sunset. The sky was clear and we walked around while the sun decided to go to bed so we could look at it. After this the sky turned pink while we played "I Spy" using colours instead of letters (but Jessica will soon be able to handle letters). We had pink, green, orange, turquoise, blue, yellow, red, gold, grey, silver (con trails of 4 aeroplanes) and finally black. Everything that was a colour before became black which made the game fun. Then the stars came out and we decided to go inside for dinner after making sure the Southern Cross was in the right place. We wore jumpers and coats and hats, but not inside at the table.

The bean seeds we sowed on the first Monday have not only germinated but have grown right out of the top of the jar by at least 3 cm now. We're taking bets about how high they will be when the parents finally return from their jaunt in the sun - not that we envy them of course; just imagine 37deg, 30 deg even. Centigrade too, none of this English/German, outdated thermoscale nonsense. They do things right on the continent when it comes to summer.... and winter, even driving, it's all right. Right?

Today, after lunch Jessica decided we could play a game of princes and princesses. Every time she said "prince" I had to bow and every time she said "princess" she did a curtsy. This after I'd got Jessica and Aimee to do something similar when I read them a story the other day. This went on for a little while and then I had to go away while she lay down in a very deep and long sleep in the castle. Then I had to rescue her and wake her with a kiss. This time Aimee joined in and we all ran to the bunk room to hide from the wicked witch. This was ok but I soon found out that the duties of a prince involved killing the wicked witch and I had to earn my keep so.... off I went.... only to receive a mortal blow, stagger back through the bunk room door and expire beneath the bunks whereupon (not really dead) I heard this conversation. Aimee - " Uh Oh, I think he's dead". Jessica - "Yes, do you think we have to kiss him?" Aimee - Yes, will you do it?" Jessica - "No, will you?" Aimee - "No". Jessica - "We're pausing the game now Grumps, You'll have to go out again and kill the witch properly this time!"

Cheers

Grumps

No comments:

Post a Comment